Dragons of Winter Night
Features of Icewall Glacier
- The edge of the glacier, rises up away from the Plains of Dust at an angle and is relatively easy to walk out onto.
- Huge blocks of ice rise from the glacier surface, and occasionally large snowdrifts swell from the ground.
- No birds fly over, and no animal life can be seen on the surface of the ice.
- Only the wind, strong and unceasing, lends movement to your surroundings.
- The Ice Folk – Barbarians
- the Thanoi – Ice Folk Rivals (for precious resources)
- Over 95% of the surface is an ice sheet, which is slippery and easy to lose one’s footing upon.
- Overland travel and tactical encounters are on difficult terrain
- The only reliable methods of travel across the ice sheet are the iceboats of the Ice Folk or the polar bear- drawn sleds of the thanoi.
- snow drifts and chunks of superhardened ice litter the landscape. These terrain types are difficult terrain, even for iceboats, although thanoi sleds treat these as regular terrain.
- middle of the day temperature
- nighttime hour temperature